Labor Law Poster Changes
Employers in all states must make sure that their state labor law posters are up-to-date on a regular basis. Here are a few state changes and their effective dates:
- Minimum wage increases effective 1/1/18, for Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maine, Minnesota, Missouri,Montana, New Jersey, Ohio, Rhode Island, South Dakota, and Washington.
- Minimum wage increase effective 12/31/17 for New York.
- Transgender rights and discrimination laws in California effective 1/1/18.
- OSHA laws effective 1/1/18, and wage and hour laws effective 7/10/17, in Hawaii.
- Rules to be Observed by Employers in Nevada effective 7/1/17.
- Wage and Hour Notice to Employees in North Carolina, effective 12/31/17.
- Reasonable Accommodations for Pregnancy in Vermont, effective 1/1/18.
All employers in these states should check their state employment law posters to make sure that they are up-to-date with the new laws effective immediately. For additional information on these new updates, please contact us at www.newfocushr.com