9 Valid Reasons for Small Business Owners to Outsource Payroll
Some small business owners make decisions that end up costing them more in the long run. If they keep late hours and miss weekend fun with friends and family, it takes a toll. They are also in grave danger of costing themselves more money than what they are trying to save, by doing their own payroll. The staff at The Payroll Department provides you with 9 valid reasons why you should call on us.
- Cost: Huge companies can maintain a payroll But if your business employs fewer than 20 jobs for workers, you can save money by contacting The Payroll Department. Figure out how many hours you or an employee spends each month on payroll. Add the time spent researching ever-changing tax laws and money spent on paper and ink, printing and distributing paychecks and creating payroll tax documents.
- Accuracy: Payroll mistakes make employees angry and suspicious of you. Those mistakes can also alert the government, which might later result in an audit.
- Reliability: If you or an employee does payroll each pay period, reliability is based solely on not making a single error. The Payroll Department can do a better job of staying current with employees’ vacation hours, overtime pay, garnishments, etc. Why? Because, unlike you, that’s the only job we are doing for your small business.
- Speed: The Payroll Department staff are specialists. We have the technological resources to handle any temporary changes in your payroll, such as seasonal workers, contract workers, etc.
- Insight: The Payroll Department knows the ins and outs of payroll tax laws as well as federal, state and local regulations. Do you have the time to stay current with this information?
- Accountability: When your small business is in our very capable hands, we understand and respect our accountability to you, by law. It is part of our promise to you that we have a third-party bookkeeping service audit every client account one per quarter.
- Flexibility: Most entrepreneurs quickly get tired of wrestling with payroll. When we take this burden off your shoulders, you have time to do what you’re best at doing and growing your business.
- Security: When we are in charge of providing payroll services for your business, you don’t have to worry that employees handling the payroll might be embezzling from your business instead of simply doing the payroll.
- Worry: We guarantee you’ll sleep better at night. And you’ll spend your work days doing what comes most naturally to you, running a profitable small business.
Neither payroll nor taxes are business tasks any small business owner can afford to miss or handle inaccurately. Give yourself a break! Call on The Payroll Department. We’re on your team!
-Sherri of The Payroll Department Blog Team